Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Debate barely touches on jobs

I watched the debate between Creigh Deeds (D) and Bob McDonnell (R) last night. Both men are running for governor of Virginia. For various reasons, this race has political importance throughout the country. The election is less than a month away.

I turned off the debate after 45 minutes. Why? Because there was virtually no discussion of what I would consider the issue of our time: unemployment.

Now, to be fair to the candidates, the questions submitted by various people on the panel and the general public were about as lame as I have heard for a debate of this importance. Someone actually asked if either candidate could foresee a case where women should be paid less than men for equal work. At that point, I reached for the TV remote and put on Monday Night Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment