Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tearing down old memories in the Bronx

You won't see the old Yankee Stadium imploding. Using dynamite to bring down large structures is not permitted in New York City. So the stadium, which holds many good memories for me, is being ripped apart piece by piece. Slowly. Painfully. It will be completely gone by June. Yes, I do see the potential metaphors...

Across the street lies the new Yankee Stadium, which debuted last year when the Yankees won the championship. I haven't been to the new stadium. Frankly, I didn't want to see the remnants of the abandoned old House that Ruth Built -- didn't want to see anymore reminders of what no longer exists. But I hear the new stadium is spectacular, so I hope to eventually make the trek up I-95 to the homeland to see it. It won't be the same, but few things remain constant in life. Baseball stadiums are no exception. Watch video.

No comments:

Post a Comment