Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The dirty truth about iPads

I was messing around with an iPad in a crowded Apple store the other day when it dawned on me that this might not be a great idea.

A recent story in the New York Daily News confirmed my suspicions. Reporters swabbed some iPads in Manhattan stores and had the samples analyzed. Two of them had Staphylococcus aureus, the germ associated with staph infections, and Candida parapsilosis, a yeast, and rash-causing Corynebacterium minutissimum.

Nice, huh? I don't want to go all Howard Hughes on you, but this is enough for me to stay away from store-display iPads forever.

Nonetheless, it's a neat device. Not something I need at this moment in my life, but still a fairly appealing gadget if you can block out the nasty little critters that live on its vivid touch screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment