Monday, May 24, 2010

Minority opinion about oil spill defies logic

These kinds of polls often throw me because there is always some small group of people who either live in blissful ignorance or just want to defy logic when answering questions. This poll was conducted by CNN and the Opinion Research Corporation. I've illustrated one particular question that caught my eye. What baffles me is this: Who are the people in the 16 percent -- the ones who don't think they or anyone close to them will be impacted by the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico -- and why do they feel immune from such a disaster? Even if you're living off the grid in the wilds of Montana or are a fanatical follower of Rush Limbaugh (who is not concerned about the gulf situation), this spill will impact you, at least indirectly. I can explain the ways it might do this but I suspect it would be a waste of time. Fortunately, 84 percent of Americans get it. Click to read the entire poll.

No comments:

Post a Comment