Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bunning's cruelty hits home

I officially begin falling off the cliff next week. Yes, it appears that I am one of the millions who will be impacted by Sen. Jim Bunning's blockage of federal funding for extended unemployment benefits. I received a notice today from the Commonwealth of Virginia of my "bye date." Nice term, huh? As of March 6, I will not receive payments. The weekly sum that I was getting was less than a third of what I was earning before I got laid off. So it's not like I've been living high on the hog. But it was enough to keep me and millions of others afloat.

There will be a place for the soon-to-be-retired senator from Kentucky, and it isn't on a shuffleboard court in Florida or a horse farm in his home state. Justice will come to Mr. Bunning, but not before millions of more Americans are thrown into utter turmoil.

Not many things surprise me anymore, but how this can happen in this country due to one man is beyond belief. This doesn't only impact the unemployed. Everyone will pay a price for Mr. Bunning's actions. Read the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment